Saturday, March 14, 2009

Petition: suspend the Regional Spatial Strategy

Passing on a message I received today from Steve. I hope many more people will sign the petition before the 3 April deadline.
I came across your website recently. I would like to bring this petition to your attention. It was drafted by a Worcestershire politician, but as far as I can see, it is applicable to all areas.

I got it from a website representing myarea: http://www.habsh.co.uk/

The response is pitiable in my eyes. I’m staggered that it has not been more widely distributed. http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/SuspendRSS/

I would be obliged if you could circulate it.

2 comments:

  1. I have signed it - its at 795 now
    I represent a group called Save the Countryside fighting the destruction of the Greenbelt round Cheltenham that will ensure if the RSS is approved as is. www.savethecountryside.org.uk
    Did you go to the joint anti Ashton Vale protest Saturday before last - there was a good showing of South West groups - united we stand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for signing - spread the word to others as much as you can! Keep up the good work saving the countryside.

    I wasn't at the Ashton Vale protest myself but several of my friends were there - and I wrote about the very well supported event on this blog. Great to see so many working to protect green space from inappropriate housing, road and airport expansion proposals.

    ReplyDelete

Genuine, open, reasonable debate is most welcome. Comments that meet this test will always be published.